WHY WE EXIST
Maranatha Ministries offers a relaxed camp and retreat experience marked by refreshing hospitality, purposeful fun, and gospel centered teaching. We design events to inspire life-changing encounters with Jesus, the greatest hope for families, churches, and the world.
- Gospel Centered // centering all we do around our need for Christ’s transformative work for both salvation and daily living.
- Faithful Stewardship // wisely stewarding time, energy, and resources; ensuring transparent leadership, healthy volunteer engagement, and debt-free operations.
- Dependent Prayer // acknowledging our daily dependence on God, cultivating a culture of prayer for one another, and seeking God’s provision for our needs.
- Effective Teamwork // promoting a diverse and unified team of staff, volunteers, and financial partners who clearly communicate, respect and learn from one another, and exemplify Christ in all they do.
- Refreshing Hospitality // providing restful accommodations, tasty food, joyful service, and peaceful spaces to connect with others.
- Purposeful Fun // fostering an environment where rest and renewal can happen through casual and planned activities, experiencing new things, and exploring the beauties of God’s creation.
- Strong Families // supporting families through a unique context where they can pause and invest in their core relationships.
- Local Churches // reinforcing gospel-centered teaching, providing a context for church events, and encouraging local church engagement among staff, volunteers, and guests.
- Continuous Improvement // prioritizing the continual re-evaluation of how the mission is accomplished and what can be done with greater impact and effectiveness.
- Safety Conscious // ensuring that our property, facilities, events, policies, and processes promote a safe environment; proactively working to minimize potential emergencies where possible.
- There is one God, Creator and Lord of the universe, eternally existing in the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the inerrant, authoritative, and inspired Word of God.
- Jesus Christ being fully God and fully man, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died a substitutionary, atoning death on the cross, rose bodily from the dead, and ascended to heaven.
- Human nature is totally corrupted and deserving of God’s wrath.
- Salvation is in Jesus Christ alone, by grace through faith. Jesus is the only mediator between God and man.
- The Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- At the end of time, Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind, sending the lost to eternal damnation and receiving His people to Himself in eternal life.