Pray First Updates
10 days til our first family camp of the summer! We have two back-to-back weeks of family camp and are so excited to serve and pour into these families. These weeks allow families to rest from the chaos of life, hear gospel-centered teaching, and invest in their core relationships. As they leave strengthened in the gospel, they return to their homes ready to invest in their local churches and be a light to their communities.
With our 2022 theme of Ablaze, we’re praying that these families would leave camp on fire for Jesus!
Will you take a few minutes to pray for our guest families?
- Rest and refreshment for the families.
- Any family barriers to be broken down, relationships restored, and families knit closer together.
- God to ignite His fire in the hearts of those attending camp this year, so they would be ablaze for Jesus!
- Endurance and strength for our staff and volunteers in this intense season.
- Fruitfulness and lasting impact in our summer events and that God would be glorified!
- Full events ahead!
- God’s grace enabling us to continue the legacy of family camps at Maranatha.
- Volunteers to serve during camp weeks in specific roles.
- New staff to meet crucial ministry needs.
- Financial partners enabling us to offer scholarships to families who couldn’t otherwise attend.
- God’s provision through 49 years of camp ministry!
Guiding our Steps and StopsPosted June 2, 2022
Often we think of God’s blessing in terms of gifts. But what if the best thing for us is the loss of something or the detour of our own plans? As Muller says, God sovereignly orders our stops. We tend to see lack as bad, but God’s perspective is so much larger than ours. We learned recently that Grace Cottage is in need of…
Exciting Staff Update!Posted May 17, 2022
We’re excited to announce the arrival of two new staff members! To meet the needs of camp and continue stewarding our budget well, all our staff are currently raising missionary support to serve in full-time or part-time capacities. This minimizes the need for team members to work additional jobs while volunteering in vital camp roles. We’re excited to see how God continues to build…
More than Weed WhackingPosted May 1, 2022
Spring means time for spring cleaning and gardening! But to produce a healthy garden, you have to weed. Weeding is tedious. You start pulling, just to realize you’ve simply plucked the tops of the weeds off–the roots remain stuck. It’s easier to pull the small weeds than the huge ones. But it is also tempting to…
An InvitationPosted April 1, 2022
God is moving across the world, building His Kingdom, and He’s inviting us to be part of that! How? One essential way–faithful prayer. The incredible thing about prayer is that it joins us in the work God is already doing, that we maybe were oblivious to. We know He’s building His Kingdom, but where and how? One essential way–
Celebrating another year of ministry!Posted December 14, 2021
God is GOOD! As I walk around the grounds, I can’t help but see signs of God’s faithfulness everywhere. From the echoes of guests, to the laughter of volunteers, to the noise of hammers and saws, God truly did do great things here in 2021!
Exciting News!Posted September 13, 2021
Through the last two years of transition, the board recognized the urgency in establishing a full-time director to help carry and stay true to our revitalized mission of inspiring life-changing encounters with Jesus.
After much prayer and counsel, we are very excited to announce that…